Queens award for WRS
Mark Brown, Managing Director of MESO client Worldwide Recruitment Solutions (WRS) was presented with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade
We’re delighted that Worldwide Recruitment Solutions (WRS), a specialist recruiter in the global Oil & Gas, Mining, Construction, Power and Maritime sectors has received the Queen’s Award 2015 for Enterprise in International Trade.
WRS were given the award in recognition of their achievements and sales overseas, making up around 85% of their £31.5m turnover for 2014. The company have focused on growing their international business, with offices in Singapore, Abu Dhabi, the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Houston and South Africa all having opened this year.
Mark Brown, WRS’ Managing Director, said,
It’s been an absolute pleasure and honour to receive the Lord Lieutenant today at our head office. What’s more, the visit coincided with our 7 year anniversary, so the champagne certainly flowed that evening in a double celebration. I was privileged enough to meet Her Royal Highness the Queen, alongside a number of other Royals earlier this year at Buckingham Palace. We’re very proud of the recognition we have received for the business through these awards, and of the hard work of all of our staff in getting us to this point.
MESO have been working for the last 18 months with the team at WRS on various marketing activities, including support in developing awards submissions, one of which was the Queens Award. We’re absolutely delighted for WRS and also that we are able to add this prestigious award win to the list of those we’ve been involved in working on over recent years.
The Queen’s Awards scheme is regarded as the most prestigious business awards in the country and 2015 marks its 50th anniversary. These awards are designed to celebrate outstanding business achievements by UK companies and the International Trade category champions UK businesses demonstrating performance in international markets and the contribution they make to the economy through global trade.
MESO has also worked with WRS to develop a robust content schedule to increase brand awareness across their very sector driven target audiences, and introduced a programme of annual surveys which has assisted the business to understand these audiences and the markets they work in at a much deeper level.
Other winning and/or finalist places in awards which Meso have supported include:
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2015: ResourceBank winner Best Embedded Recruitment Team
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2014: First Point Group win Best International Recruitment Agency
- Global Recruiter Industry Awards 2014: First Point Group are finalists in the Best UK Overseas Operation category
- European Business Awards 2014: First Point Group finalists in The BP Target Neutral Growth Strategy of the Year Awardcategory and Ruban d’Honneur recipients
- European Business Awards 2013: First Point Group are recognised as UK National Champions
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2012: 360 Resourcing Solutions shortlisted for Best Retail Recruitment Agency
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011: 360 Resourcing Solutions “highly commended” for Best Retail Recruitment Agency and shortlisted for Best New Agency
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011: SRG “highly commended” for Best Small Recruitment Agency to Work For
- APSCo Awards for Excellence 2011: SEC Recruitment Wins Innovation Award for Excellence
- Recruiter Awards for Excellence 2011: SEC Finalists in Best Professsional Services Recruitment Agency category
- National Apprenticeship Awards 2011: SEC Recruitment win Medium Employer of the Year Award at the London regional heat
- REC IRP 2010: SRG wins ‘Best Medium Recruitment Company’ and is finalist in two additional awards – ‘Best Medium Recruitment Company to work’ and ‘Best Newcomer’
Want our help to write your award entry?
Call Mike Ellingham on 01344 636312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.